[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23146: When current user email change requested, pending message shows on every profile edit page

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jan 8 17:32:52 UTC 2013

#23146: When current user email change requested, pending message shows on every
profile edit page
-----------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  bananastalktome  |       Type:  defect (bug)
 As a superadmin in a multisite environment, if I go to edit my profile and
 set a new email address I get the "There is a pending change of your email
 address..." message below the email input field (expected behavior). If I
 go to edit another users profile I see the same message, including the
 desired email I set for myself, below the email address input field on
 this other users profile page (unexpected behavior). The cancel link, if
 pressed, takes me to my profile (also unexpected behavior).

 This appears to be a problem in `wp-admin/user-edit.php` with the check to
 display the "Pending email change message" checking to see if a
 user_option exists for `$current_user->ID . '_new_email'` but not whether
 the profile page viewed is actually for the current user in.