[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22996: IE8 - Hierarchical Taxonomies with bulk terms cause massive slow-down / freeze

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jan 6 02:21:27 UTC 2013

#22996: IE8 - Hierarchical Taxonomies with bulk terms cause massive slow-down /
freeze
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  sc0ttkclark        |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new
Changes (by sc0ttkclark):

 * severity:  trivial => minor

Comment:

 This is definitely a serious issue, but it affects only the combination
 I've posted. I asked before posting this and was told that IE8 was still
 something aimed to be supported. I myself would prefer there be a 'update
 to your latest stable minor version of your OS/browser' as a solution.

 Since this affected a major corporation, I felt it could be more
 widespread and would merit consideration, at the very least, a PHP-level
 check to degrade categories to use the tagging input for IE8.

 I can certainly provide the patch for it, but I'd like to get developer
 feedback prior to putting that effort in since my schedule is already
 fairly heavy.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22996#comment:2>