[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22900: is_writable function fails on Windows systems causing spurious http_request_failed error

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jan 3 06:33:08 UTC 2013

#22900: is_writable function fails on Windows systems causing spurious
http_request_failed error
------------------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  Otto42                        |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                  |      Status:  new
Changes (by nacin):

 * keywords:  has-patch commit => has-patch commit fixed-minor

Comment:

 Looking at [attachment:22900.diff] for 3.6:

  * is_writable() should have error suppression, so we do not need to
 error-suppress when calling wp_is_writable().

  * At first, it looked like win_is_writable() has a requirement that a
 directory must be checked with a trailing slash, which would make
 wp_is_writable() an imperfect drop-in replacement for is_writable(). But
 it turns out thanks to the is_dir() call, the comment "NOTE: use a
 trailing slash for folders!!!" is not accurate. We should clean this up
 and make sure the docs for wp_is_writable() and win_is_writable() are
 solid.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22900#comment:16>