[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23558: Twenty Thirteen: Comment author's name looks out of place when avatar display is turned off in discussion settings.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 22 12:42:27 UTC 2013

#23558: Twenty Thirteen: Comment author's name looks out of place when avatar
display is turned off in discussion settings.
-------------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  SriniG                   |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new

Comment (by cdog):

 Replying to [comment:5 SriniG]:
 > @cdog: I don't think we need to conditionally check `get_option(
 'show_avatar' )` in order to `echo get_avatar()`. It seems the function
 `get_avatar()` somehow handles the condition by itself. If you view source
 after disabling avatars, you'll find there is no empty img tag or anything
 like that.
 Agreed. I've updated the patch to use only the `get_avatar()` function.
 Please check: attachment:23558.4.diff.
 > I am also not in favour of introducing a middot, or changing anything
 inside the `twentythirteen_comment` function, unless absolutely necessary.
 All changes can be made via CSS making use of the `no-avatar` class added
 through the `comment_class` filter hook.
 I'm not sure if we can get the same result as in attachment:23558.png
 (excluding the middot) only using CSS in a clean way.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/23558#comment:6>