[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23476: disabling wpautop in TinyMCE settings leads to strange behavior in Text editor

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Feb 14 21:57:20 UTC 2013

#23476: disabling wpautop in TinyMCE settings leads to strange behavior in Text
editor
-----------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  leedo            |       Type:  defect (bug)
 If I disable the `wpautop` behavior in TinyMCE with a
 `tiny_mce_before_init` filter like so:

 {{{
 function ars_disable_tinymce_wpautop($in) {
   $in['wpautop'] = false;
   $in['remove_linebreaks'] = false;
   $in['apply_source_formatting'] = true;
   return $in;
 }}}

 The text view of the editor exhibits some odd behavior when saving.
 Instead of submitting the current state of the text editor, the text
 editor is updated with the contents of the HTML view, and then saved.

 However, if I click over to the Visual editor before saving it will save
 correctly. I believe this logic in the `wordpress` TinyMCE plugin may be
 the cause:

 {{{
 ed.onSaveContent.add(function(ed, o) {
   if ( ed.getParam('wpautop', true) && typeof(switchEditors) == 'object' )
 {
     if ( ed.isHidden() )
       o.content = o.element.value;
     else
       o.content = switchEditors.pre_wpautop(o.content);
   }
 });