[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20379: dashboard_incoming_links fails to update when 'home' changes, so google rss is wrong

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Feb 12 22:51:00 UTC 2013

#20379: dashboard_incoming_links fails to update when 'home' changes, so google rss
is wrong
 Reporter:  kitchin       |       Owner:

Comment (by kitchin):

 Instead I updated http://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_The_Site_URL

 I still think this is a bug. The instructions to update this default
 option are so obscure I imagine most people will miss it when changing a
 Site URL. And WP already has the code to construct the default URL
 reflecting the Site URL.

 Here's what I put in codex:

  Fix the Incoming Links URL. This one is easy to miss. Look on the main
 Dashboard screen, at Incoming Links. Hover over the area to the right of
 "Incoming Links" to reveal the "Configure" link. Edit the URL to reflect
 the new site address.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20379#comment:5>