[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23403: Add folder support for the mu-plugins directory (similar to how /plugins works)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Feb 6 05:43:54 UTC 2013

#23403: Add folder support for the mu-plugins directory (similar to how /plugins
works)
-----------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  aaronholbrook    |       Type:  defect (bug)
 Relating to this
 [https://twitter.com/AaronJHolbrook/status/299019821981511680 discussion],
 and as documented [http://codex.wordpress.org/Must_Use_Plugins here]

   WordPress only looks for PHP files right inside the mu-plugins
 directory, and (unlike for normal plugins) not for files in
 subdirectories. You may want to create a proxy PHP loader file inside the
 mu-plugins directory:

 I propose that we fashion the `/mu-plugins` to act in a similar fashion to
 the `/plugins` folder which looks for plugins either by themselves or in a
 folder with a named .php file.