[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26582: On Themes panel, clicking 'view version x.x details' no longer shows change log

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 12 21:17:54 UTC 2013

#26582: On Themes panel, clicking 'view version x.x details' no longer shows change
log
 Reporter:  DanYork       |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Themes        |    Version:  3.8
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
 Just installed WordPress 3.8 on a system running in MultiSite mode and in
 the process of updating the server decided to update a series of plugins
 and themes.  When I go to to Network Admin -> Themes I see that several
 themes need to be updated. Screenshot:

 https://www.evernote.com/shard/s1/sh/00268095-c44c-
 43b9-ae51-fd6fabf2421f/0ab541569e8b22b2b77c0c3c397c94d7

 However, when I click on "View version 3.0.20 details" for Neuro, I get a
 window that just shows me the default WordPress.org page for the theme. I
 don't see any changelog:

 https://www.evernote.com/shard/s1/sh/94c70e66-a909-4271-8394-56c7738169b6/ae2d422da30e2175fe692394a484d5be

 Similarly, when I click on "View version 1.7 details" for Twenty Eleven, I
 get the same kind of screen:

 https://www.evernote.com/shard/s1/sh/9ff46937-a96d-47cf-
 9e88-e48b17570949/ec02d6d08b8242709973c1c89e06a4e1

 In neither case do I get a change log showing what has been changed.  I
 had the same experience with the Twenty Twelve theme as well.

 In the past I've had this experience when a theme developer did not
 include a changelog, but for this to be true of three themes, including
 two that are "standard" themes, seems too strange for me.

 Unfortunately I've now upgraded all my systems to 3.8 and so I don't have
 a 3.7 system to check to see if this kind of link does not show a
 changelog.

 However, in looking at the WordPress.org theme directory on pages such as
 http://wordpress.org/themes/twentyeleven I don't see the changelog that I
 used to see.  Instead I see that under "Developers" there are now links to
 the code in SVN, but no easy-to-read changelog.

 Did something change in the WordPress.org theme directory that now needs
 to be reflected in the WordPress.org code?