[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26369: Missing icons in browsers that don't support web fonts (IE9 Mobile, Opera Mini)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Dec 6 05:41:22 UTC 2013

#26369: Missing icons in browsers that don't support web fonts (IE9 Mobile, Opera
Mini)
--------------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  celloexpressions          |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)              |      Status:  new

Comment (by celloexpressions):

 working (still looks unchanged).

 Here's a quick list of icon-placeholders we can hide (since WP7 shows
 rectangles in their place, and not important enough for fallbacks):
 - post format icons on edit.php
 - add media button's icon (already has text)
 - all of the icons in the Publih metabox
 - post format metabox icons
 - click-to-add widget checkmark

 Icons that we need fallbacks for:
 - Expand/collapse icons on metaboxes
 - x's (for example, in the tags metabox)
 - close icon for the media modal (not that it's particularly usable)
 - image editing tools
 - add new theme
 - theme details modal previous/next arrows, close icon
 - widgets expand/collapse
 - plugin update available icon (on plugins.php)

 FYI things that really don't work on WP7, so don't need to bother:
 - Customizer
 - Press this

 We can actually make it look fairly presentable with css tweaks at this
 point. In fact, I think the update'll still provide a better experience
 for these users than the old admin design, even with the removal of a lot
 of icons.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26369#comment:17>