[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21442: Themes: change allowed term taxonomy from Width to Layout and add responsive-layout term

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Dec 6 03:23:25 UTC 2013

#21442: Themes: change allowed term taxonomy from Width to Layout and add
responsive-layout term
------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  lancewillett      |       Owner:  Otto42
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  closed

Comment (by Otto42):

 Yes.

 - Theme search modification: fixed/flexible-width tags will be treated
 identical to fixed/fluid-layout tags for search purposes. Searching for
 either will get the equivalent other one too, so if you search for "fluid-
 layout" you also transparently get "flexible-width".

 - Approved theme tags change: "Layout" replaces "Width", three new tags to
 replace the two existing ones.

 - API change: Pre-3.8 feature_list requests will still get the old fixed
 /flexible-width tags. 3.8 feature_list requests will get the three new
 Layout tags instead. This is not actually necessary, strictly speaking,
 but sending the new tags to old installs has them show up as untranslated
 slugs on the theme search screen.

 - Theme Check update (to be implemented at time of 3.8 release): Suggest
 new tags instead of old tags.

 I'll put the relevant code in place tomorrow. I'll bring this to the
 attention of the theme reviewers list tomorrow as well.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21442#comment:25>