[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #25777: Two update nags shown in multisite if all blogs aren't updated before the next release

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Dec 4 00:46:55 UTC 2013

#25777: Two update nags shown in multisite if all blogs aren't updated before the
next release
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  jdgrimes         |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  new
Changes (by nacin):

 * severity:  normal => minor
 * milestone:  3.8 => Future Release

Comment:

 This is subjective. On one hand, we don't want two notices like this. On
 the other, one is referring to files, while the other is referring to the
 DB. The DB upgrade is still important — but it'll run on wp-admin hits
 when individual sites are visited.

 We're pretty good about the lack of a DB upgrade not actually tanking a
 site (specifically to be mindful of multisite networks), so maybe we could
 get away with not showing the second notice here. That said, we don't show
 an update bubble for this (I don't think), so there's no way to know you
 haven't completed the DB process. That's also kind of lame.

 Let's move this out of 3.8 for now, pending further multisite discussion.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/25777#comment:4>