[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #25048: file_exists check in menu-header.php causes issue with backend menu on an IIS server

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Aug 29 19:45:43 UTC 2013

#25048: file_exists check in menu-header.php causes issue with backend menu on an
IIS server
 Reporter:  chriscct7                            |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  new
Changes (by nacin):

 * severity:  critical => major

Comment:

 A warning is major, but I don't think it is critical.

 Could you provide some code that would trigger this warning if run on IIS
 with an open_basedir restriction? Could you supply a sample open_basedir
 value to trigger this? If the right open_basedir restriction were set on
 an Apache server, is this similarly trigger-able?

 The two checks are within WP_PLUGIN_DIR and ABSPATH — surely open_basedir
 should include the web root. Otherwise WordPress is in trouble for other
 reasons.

 I am curious why this has not been previously reported — sounds not
 uncommon for $sub_file to not be a file.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/25048#comment:3>