[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24549: Follow the WP Handbook Standard, and change The Loop of Core Themes to Use Brackets

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Aug 27 12:04:20 UTC 2013

#24549: Follow the WP Handbook Standard, and change The Loop of Core Themes to Use
Brackets
-----------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  chriscct7              |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement            |      Status:  closed
Changes (by c3mdigital):

 * keywords:  dev-feedback needs-codex has-patch => needs-codex has-patch
 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => wontfix

Comment:

 Regarding the braces vs alternate syntax argument.  We require all our
 developers at X-Team to use alternate syntax on all front end templates
 and they are free to use either in back end  functions etc.. I've always
 thought tempting with alternate syntax was kind of the "WordPress" way.

 When new standards are implemented in any big project (or small for that
 matter) code is not normally refactored to meet the new standard
 especially when its as trivial as curly braces vs colons for control
 structures. Please read: http://make.wordpress.org/core/2011/03/23/code-
 refactoring/

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24549#comment:23>