[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21862: Don't display show_option_none in wp_dropdown_categories when categories exist

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Aug 20 01:22:30 UTC 2013

#21862: Don't display show_option_none in wp_dropdown_categories when categories
exist
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  nofearinc    |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by c3mdigital):

 * status:  new => closed
 * version:   => 2.1
 * resolution:   => wontfix

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:1 nofearinc ]
 >can't find an application of having an extra entry for show_option_none
 select option if we have category listing. Is there any reason to keep it
 >here, like for external filters? If so, that still conflicts with the
 second example below.

 Use case:  Adding multiple dropdown select filters for custom taxonomies
 on edit.php.  I want to be able to exclude certain taxonomies from the
 query when filtering.  The initial design takes into account that you
 might want to display both hence the different option values, -1 for none
 and 0 for all.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21862#comment:2>