[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21924: add action / filter to wp-login.php so we can replace WordPress login and force using 3rd party login

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Aug 15 16:00:28 UTC 2013

#21924: add action / filter to wp-login.php so we can replace WordPress login and
force using 3rd party login
-----------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  cliffpaulick     |       Owner:
     Type:  feature request  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by cliffpaulick):

 Replying to [comment:4 nacin]:
 > There is also a filter in wp_login_url(). That said, we don't really
 have a desire to deeply support this level of security-by-obscurity at
 this time.
 tyvm for your directness, @nacin. I guess resorting to multi-part hacks
 like http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/43059/change-sign-on-
 urls-for-security-purposes are the result of not making this part of core.
 Hopefully in the eventual future. It seems more and more people are cluing
 in that this would be useful and important. I think it's very important
 and shouldn't have to be this manual (not that it's difficult) to
 implement.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21924#comment:6>