[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23760: Cannot use spacebar to trigger OK button or links in Publish widget (eg. schedule settings)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Aug 12 02:56:49 UTC 2013

#23760: Cannot use spacebar to trigger OK button or links in Publish widget (eg.
schedule settings)
---------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  Daedalon       |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new
Changes (by lessbloat):

 * keywords:   => has-patch

Comment:

 Replying to [ticket:23760 Daedalon]:

 To be clear, this "scrolling when the spacebar is pressed" functionality
 is intentional in pretty much every browser.

 The case you referenced here is not the only instance where this happens
 in the admin.

 While we don't want to disable the default scrolling functionality for the
 most part, we might be able to get away with doing it whenever the focus
 is on a button or a link.  23760.diff detects the spacebar key press when
 focus is on either a link or a button anywhere in the admin, and treats it
 like an "enter" keypress.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/23760#comment:2>