[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24011: Consider hiding post title for "Status" and "Aside" formats and autogenerating

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Apr 24 20:16:02 UTC 2013

#24011: Consider hiding post title for "Status" and "Aside" formats and
autogenerating
----------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  markjaquith     |       Owner:
     Type:  task (blessed)  |      Status:  new
Changes (by mrwweb):

 * cc: info@… (added)

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:17 knutsp]:
 > I think this handling of titles reflects the definition of what the
 formats aside and status is about. You don't write a title to a status
 post on services like Twitter and Facebook, for instance. If you want your
 own titles you select another post format, like standard.

 I find that compelling for statuses but not asides. People get these two
 stati confused all the times and leaving the title for asides might
 actually be a good way to help make that clarification.

 Generally, being able to [easily] edit the title strikes me as a fairly
 reasonable request for those who want full editorial control, even if only
 displayed backend. And how is Quick Edit affected by this change? If it's
 not at all, that only makes hiding the title that much more confusing.

 +1 @greenshady to auto-generated titles on anything without a title.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24011#comment:19>