[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24143: When define('WP_CONTENT_DIR', 'your-dir') twentythirteen - The theme directory does not exist.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Apr 20 16:33:02 UTC 2013

#24143: When define('WP_CONTENT_DIR', 'your-dir') twentythirteen - The theme
directory does not exist.
---------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  azizur         |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by azizur):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * version:   => trunk
 * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 I have not given enough background on the initial ticket.

 Here is the exact process to re-produce this issue.
 Directory Structure:

 {{{
 DocRoot/wp-config.php
 DocRoot/wordpress/
 DocRoot/wp-content/
 DocRoot/wp-content/themes
 DocRoot/wp-content/plugins
 DocRoot/wp-content/mu-plugins
 }}}

 Now if you have (in wp-config.php):

 {{{
 define('WP_CONTENT_DIR', 'DocRoot/wp-content/');
 define('WP_CONTENT_URL', 'your-url');
 }}}

 and you have more themes stored in 'DocRoot/wp-content/themes' you can't
 not access them.

 So you use a 'mu-plugin' that register the additional theme directory.

 {{{
 register_theme_directory('DocRoot/wp-content/themes');
 }}}

 Even at this stage you can not access the additional themes.

 (I am re-opening this ticket for re-consideration as the above structure
 may be found to be common in some installation).

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24143#comment:2>