[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21737: Users should have to jump through hoops to set passwords of their choosing, and we should guard better against weak passwords

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 16 15:08:59 UTC 2013

#21737: Users should have to jump through hoops to set passwords of their choosing,
and we should guard better against weak passwords
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  markjaquith      |       Owner:  westi
     Type:  feature request  |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by bananastalktome):

 Replying to [comment:18 jenmylo]:
 > Password requirements on the internet is one of the worst user
 experiences anywhere. This comment serves to voice my strong objection to
 WordPress requiring any kind of specific password (including banned
 words). Showing a message explaining why a password choice is insecure and
 could lead to bad outcomes later with an AYS would be useful, but deciding
 what someone can do on their own with their own login information site is
 not good.

 +1000 in agreement :)

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21737#comment:19>