[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24010: Look into meta key standardization or upgrade with Crowd Favorite's post format UI plugin

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Apr 10 00:20:51 UTC 2013

#24010: Look into meta key standardization or upgrade with Crowd Favorite's post
format UI plugin
----------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  markjaquith     |       Owner:
     Type:  task (blessed)  |      Status:  new

Comment (by markjaquith):

 When I pulled in the code that stores slug changes and redirects them
 (from a plugin I wrote), I changed the meta key to be prefixed with _wp_.
 But I also write an upgrade routine (in core). See: [4556]. But note that
 my plugin used a key that was not underscore-prefixed, so that resulted in
 a material change when I changed the meta key — perhaps a better reason
 for changing it than we have now.

 If there's no major objection, I say we do the following:

 * Change the keys back to match the CF plugin ones.
 * Put in a temporary routine in to rename them, which we can remove during
 RC (just as a kindness to people testing trunk/beta). That's the least
 amount of data churn.

 See also #24009.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24010#comment:6>