[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #12381: Switch away from constants to filters for {en|dis}abling and configuring features

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 4 09:30:25 UTC 2013

#12381: Switch away from constants to filters for {en|dis}abling and configuring
features
--------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  westi         |       Owner:  westi
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by juliobox):

 Hi all

 So, what is expected here : when we set up the EDIT_ANY_USER constant on
 TRUE, a network administrator can edit his own users, right ? Same has
 setting up the filter "enable_edit_any_user_configuration" to "false".
 But according to the core code, this is not possible. Network
 Administrators are not able to edit users.
 If it's designed like this, i think this constant and filter are
 confusing. According to my researchs, nobody can use it, everybody used a
 plugin or a hack from Justin Tadlock.

 So now, is it a bug ? do we have to delete this ? What's coming up with
 this ?

 Thank you

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12381#comment:13>