[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21904: Issue with Chrome / Safari (OSX) and limiting of characters for Media Options under screen options

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Sep 17 03:13:49 UTC 2012

#21904: Issue with Chrome / Safari (OSX) and limiting of characters for Media
Options under screen options
------------------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  jeffreynolte                        |       Type:  defect (bug)
 I have recently discovered what seems to be a bug and after searching trac
 I was not able to locate any reports of this issue.  The issue has to do
 with the limiting of characters / integer for the "Media Options" input
 field under the Screen Options tab.  This is due to the default tooltip /
 error messages built into chrome for the min / max attributes on this
 input field.

 When entering a number larger than 999 (the max attribute value for this
 element) in chrome I get a tool tip which does not display correctly (see
 screenshot below).

 I have done some research on this issue and the css below will fix this
 issue in Chrome.  I know min / max attributes are also supported in Opera
 but I did not get that far in my research to debug for this browser.

 {{{
 ::-webkit-validation-bubble-message {
     position:absolute;
     top:-30px;