[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #18731: The XML-RPC Endpoint filename is hardcoded in the code (aka: my Host Blocks XML-RPC Access!)

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Sep 12 15:48:42 UTC 2012

#18731: The XML-RPC Endpoint filename is hardcoded in the code (aka: my Host Blocks
XML-RPC Access!)
------------------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  daniloercoli                  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                  |      Status:  new

Comment (by markoheijnen):

 I was even thinking even more difficult then this. I was thinking about
 moving all the code from xmlrpc.php to somewhere else and make xmlrpc.php
 to call that code. And then create some kind of endpoint system like
 /index.php?endpoint=xmlrpc. This way you can even use the rewrite API to
 have it another name as usual.

 Most likely my mind is thinking more difficult but with this we can have
 added some steps for a RESTFUL or JSON API.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/18731#comment:9>