[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21764: Twenty Twelve: Blockquotes have no bottom margin — touch paragraphs below them

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Sep 1 13:04:44 UTC 2012

#21764: Twenty Twelve: Blockquotes have no bottom margin — touch paragraphs below
them
---------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  markjaquith    |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new
Changes (by obenland):

 * cc: drewstrojny (added)
 * keywords:   => has-patch

Comment:

 I agree with Mark. Styling blockquotes with a background color is not rare
 and we shoud expect Child Themes to do that. (Mark's) Patch addresses the
 issue without changing the visual appearance of blockquotes in Twenty
 Twelve.

 For Aside posts, I'd propose switching back to use margin for `<p>`s and
 just remove it from the last child. @DrewStrojny: Was switching to padding
 a measure to remove the space from the last element?

 We could also think about using a {{{article.format-aside .entry-content >
 *:last-child}}} selector, just to make sure we strip it from any element.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21764#comment:3>