[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22128: Adding upload mimetype in Multisite does not work if mimetype is not already defined

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Nov 5 08:49:52 UTC 2012

#22128: Adding upload mimetype in Multisite does not work if mimetype is not
already defined
 Reporter:  BjornW        |       Owner:

Comment (by roytanck):

 Replying to [comment:13 nacin]:
 > In general, I think I would prefer for this UI to be in a plugin —
 including the current input box.

 If we'd move this into a plugin, you'd still set upload quota, etc though
 this network admin screen, but (without the plugin installed) you'd have
 no control at all over upload file types? And no info about default
 allowed types? I feel that upload-related settings should be in one place
 and 'complete' without plugins.

 The only UI pattern I can think of that really accommodates a many-from-
 even-more selection like this one of those dual lists with arrows
 inbetween.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22128#comment:14>