[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21038: Provide an option for creating 2x images of user content (for Retina Displays)

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Jul 31 09:26:15 UTC 2012

#21038: Provide an option for creating 2x images of user content (for Retina
Displays)
-----------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  twam             |       Owner:
     Type:  feature request  |      Status:  new

Comment (by TigrouMeow):

 Replying to [comment:5 dd32]:
 > This sounds like Theme/Plugin material to me, for one simple reason:
 Many sites will not make use of these images, that, and it's not that hard
 for Themes/Plugins to request larger sized images.

 That's a good point, and I agree. Plus if you want to support the high-res
 displays you need a lot of work, as different people would use different
 methods and it's far from being just a little patch. I'm actually the
 developer of the plugin WP Retina 2x and I debugged + enhanced the plugin
 thanks to 30-40 WP users who contacted me about it. It started simple but
 grew a lot during the last weeks, to cover all the requirements. It seems
 now it is really stable and the plugin satisfies a lot. You can have a
 look at it here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-retina-2x/.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21038#comment:11>