[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21371: Help shortcuts added to TinyMCE multiple times when moving wp_editor around the DOM

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Jul 25 12:11:59 UTC 2012

#21371: Help shortcuts added to TinyMCE multiple times when moving wp_editor around
the DOM
 Reporter:  needle        |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  TinyMCE       |    Version:  3.4.1
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:  has-patch
 I have successfully implemented `wp_editor()` on the comment textarea in
 my theme, and also successfully move the form around the DOM by disabling
 TinyMCE before the move, then re-enabling it after.

 However, each time TinyMCE is enabled, `advanced.help_shortcut` is added
 to the iframe's title attribute, resulting in an increasingly long string
 of repeated shortcuts. This patch prevents them being added if they're
 already there.

 Related ticket [21350] still needed for backwards compatibility.

 BTW, thanks for making this so much easier. If you're interested, I use an
 amended version of `addComment` from `wp-includes/js/comment-reply.dev.js`
 which takes the presence of TinyMCE into account. This is probably plugin
 territory, though.