[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #19921: always use require_once for wp-load.php (fixes "ABSPATH defined multiple times")

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Jan 29 18:39:33 UTC 2012

#19921: always use require_once for wp-load.php (fixes "ABSPATH defined multiple
times")
----------------------------------------------+----------------------------
 Reporter:  convissor                         |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                      |      Status:  new

Comment (by nacin):

 I am all for dirname() over relative paths, but I'm not sure I see the
 benefit to switching to require_once. Once we patch this, we end up
 requiring ourselves to stick to a convention in the future. Including an
 entry file is dirty, and I would rather switch across the board to
 require().

 What's the situation exactly? There are functions in wp-login.php that
 should be in an include file -- we should move them, rather than patching
 a symptom.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/19921#comment:1>