[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #7294: Minor changes checkbox for post revisions / possible new table for revisions

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Jan 26 20:22:03 UTC 2012

#7294: Minor changes checkbox for post revisions / possible new table for
revisions
------------------------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  lilyfan                       |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  enhancement                   |      Status:  closed
Changes (by FolioVision):

 * cc: FolioVision (added)
 * keywords:  revisions, new table, options => revisions new table, options
 * version:  2.6 => 3.3.1

Comment:

 Hello ryan and everybody!

 Sorry to reopen the old ticket, but this is still a problem. Adding this
 feature would make Wordpress faster, more scalable, better for bigger
 sites and more professional.

 Our biggest site has 14,000 posts and 30,000 revisions right now. We are
 not storing any attachments in database. We had to delete revisions before
 to make the site faster.

 This site was using Wordpress for last 5 years. Why not improve the core
 to make it possible to use Wordpress for another 5 years as the site
 grows? I'm sure there are tons of sites like this which might even need to
 be migrated from Wordpress to something bigger to solve issues like this.

 Thanks,
 Martin

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7294#comment:8>