[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #19799: define('RELOCATE', true) update the "siteurl" option, but not the "home" option

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Jan 23 22:07:07 UTC 2012

#19799: define('RELOCATE', true) update the "siteurl" option, but not the "home"
option
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  mintindeed       |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  new

Comment (by mintindeed):

 So the short answer is the documentation needs to be clarified.  If that's
 all, then I guess this ticket can be closed.

 I'm probably not the right person to update the codex documentation,
 because I still find the difference between `siteurl` and `home`
 confusing.  To see if I understand it correctly: `siteurl` is an HTTP path
 where the site files are located and `home` is the "frontend" url?  So on
 a subdomain install with domain mapping enabled, `siteurl` might be
 `http://myblog.example.com` and `home` would be `http://myblog.com`, but
 on subdirectory installs they would both be `http://example.com/myblog`?

 Adding to the confusion is how the codex documentation gives instructions
 and examples that include updating both these options at the same time
 (and with the same values), but apparently that's not how the `RELOCATE`
 method should work.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/19799#comment:5>