[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #19837: Appearance > Menus taxonomy hierarchy problem with great amount of taxonomies

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Jan 15 19:27:43 UTC 2012

#19837: Appearance > Menus taxonomy hierarchy problem with great amount of
taxonomies
--------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  jannesmannes  |      Owner:  info@…
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Menus         |    Version:  3.3.1
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
--------------------------+----------------------------------
 Hi, I encountered this problem a while ago and it is really hard to work
 with.

 '''The situation'''
 I made a custom post type, called "products". Then I made a taxonomy
 called "bikes", with a list of terms describing the type of bikes (e.g.
 "sportbikes" or "for kids"), and a second dimension of terms with the
 brands. Just to make clear:

 ''Bikes''

 * Sport bikes
   * Target
   * Sensa
 * For kids
   * Alpina
   * Loekie

 '''The problem'''
 The problem is that the list grew to a total amount of 79 terms, which is
 quite a lot, I know. If I go to Appearance > Menu I see this box called
 "Bikes" showing the recent used terms. But if I want to see all the terms,
 the list does not handle the hierarchy of the terms. Since a "sub" term
 can have the same name as another sub term (the brand "Sparta" can be
 under "City bikes" but also under "Lifestyle bikes") and they are not
 listed hierarchycal under the "head" term, I can not see which sub term
 belongs to a head term.

 '''The solution'''
 Untill now, I have not been able to find a solution in the WordPress fora
 or on Google.