[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #19663: auto-draft garbage collection should be done via cron, not when starting new post

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Jan 8 01:33:45 UTC 2012

#19663: auto-draft garbage collection should be done via cron, not when starting
new post
-------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  _ck_         |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Changes (by mgolawala):

 * cc: mgolawala (added)
 * keywords:   => has-patch
 * version:  3.3 => 3.3.1

Comment:

 I moved the inline deletion of auto-posts from the wp-
 admin/includes/post.php: get_default_post_to_edit and made it part of the
 daily garbage collection cron entry that cleans out posts, comments,
 pages, attachments etc.

 Let me know if you would like it to be organized differently. From a code
 organization standpoint, I could use one of the alternate twotechniques:
 * Create a separate cron schedule for it to be more frequent than daily
 (configured via UI?)
 * Have the post.php entry queue up the separate cron entry for auto-post
 garbage collection, and then have the auto-post garbage collection
 function deque it self. This would end up invoking the garbage collection
 as often as before, just asynchronously.

 Let me know your thoughts.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/19663#comment:2>