[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22128: Adding upload mimetype in Multisite does not work if mimetype is not already defined

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Dec 23 17:11:21 UTC 2012

#22128: Adding upload mimetype in Multisite does not work if mimetype is not
already defined
 Reporter:  BjornW        |       Owner:
Changes (by helen):

 * keywords:   => ui-focus

Comment:

 For the record, I work for an agency myself :) I guess the whole concept
 of having a UI that can only do a whitelist-of-an-invisible-whitelist
 seems less than ideal no matter the technical ability of a superadmin.
 What I meant by technical was the nature of selecting file types to allow
 for upload on a network-wide scale. If you're developing things for
 clients, then surely you can implement the filter or install a UI plugin
 for them? Are they really changing this setting so often it warrants a UI?
 Does messing with the UI fix the base conceptual issue of there being a
 whitelist-of-a-whitelist? (It might, I'm just wondering.)

 Yes, working on a UI (whether through code/plugin or mockups) that keeps
 long lists, strings, and any other potential variants in mind would be
 good.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22128#comment:21>