[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22858: wp_update_user() does not check the return of get_userdata() before calling to_array()

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Dec 18 13:47:27 UTC 2012

#22858: wp_update_user() does not check the return of get_userdata() before calling
to_array()
--------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  ryan          |       Owner:

Comment (by lukbarros):

 Hello nacin there really is a point to be noted about the impact of
 change. Since users have other functions that return and the return of
 wp_erro should be adopted over time as the standard way to return errors
 and failures calls the core wp change is needed.

 I still wonder what impact those implemented for plugins and routines that
 may await the return FALSE in case of no existence of the user with the id
 parameter for passaddo.

 Who has the power to decide whether we change or not, giving acceptance to
 the possible?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22858#comment:7>