[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22858: wp_update_user() does not check the return of get_userdata() before calling to_array()

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Dec 17 21:26:03 UTC 2012

#22858: wp_update_user() does not check the return of get_userdata() before calling
to_array()
--------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  ryan          |       Owner:

Comment (by nacin):

 Replying to [comment:3 lukbarros]:
 > You should check your implementation as quoted in attached diff. Close
 this ticket that it does not proceed, will break several wp deployed when
 someone atualiazr and have implemented waiting for the return as false on
 failure.

 Hi lukbarros, I think you're saying that if we use [attachment:user.diff],
 it will break plugins that expect a return as false on failure, rather
 than WP_Error. You have a point, for sure. But in this case,
 wp_insert_user() can already return WP_Error, and because of that, so can
 wp_update_user(). Both functions are documented to return a user ID on
 success and WP_Error on failure, and that's exactly what occurs now.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22858#comment:4>