[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22731: CPT that only supports Title and Featured Image still shows additional Media views

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Dec 5 01:34:53 UTC 2012

#22731: CPT that only supports Title and Featured Image still shows additional
Media views
-----------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  jchristopher           |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)           |      Status:  new

Comment (by nacin):

 I think one problem with [attachment:22731.diff] would be is that it can
 prevent a wp_editor() (when 'editor' is not supported) from leveraging
 most of media. Also, does our JS just happen to bail when these are not
 set?

 The solution here should likely be to make "Set featured image" work like
 the custom header and background workflows: No sidebar, featured image
 only. This is a change from 3.4 (for things that do support the editor),
 which allowed for "Insert into post" and other management from the meta
 box. But recent feedback has been that no one seems to use the featured
 image box anyway. (Hence "Featured Image" made it back into the main
 modal.)

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22731#comment:2>