[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22738: 3.5 Media: Correct display of dimensions for large-size images in size dropdown

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Dec 4 21:43:26 UTC 2012

#22738: 3.5 Media: Correct display of dimensions for large-size images in size
dropdown
 Reporter:  jond3r        |       Owner:

Comment (by nacin):

 Replying to [comment:2 jond3r]:
 > I do understand if you are suspicious and a bit stressed at the moment,
 but I'm quite sure that I have a solid case here (a statement which
 probably is not helpful).

 Nope, not really. :) I wasn't challenging the basis of your patch. Rather,
 I saw that your patch is thumbnail/medium and else. Else would include not
 only large, but any custom sizes as well. (Full is handled a few lines
 after, as I'm sure you noted.)

 I then looked at image_constrain_size_for_editor(). It does thumbnail,
 elseif medium, elseif large, elseif a custom size, else full. Large is
 scaled down to content_width, as your patch does. A custom size is scaled
 down but only in the admin, with a comment:

 {{{
 if ( intval($content_width) > 0 && is_admin() ) // Only in admin. Assume
 that theme authors know what they're doing.
 }}}

 I didn't investigate why it was there. Hence my (short, admittedly
 confusing) question.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22738#comment:3>