[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22705: Admin cookies set to wrong path for main blog in a WP-in-subdir-sites-on-root install that uses subdomains

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Dec 3 23:13:35 UTC 2012

#22705: Admin cookies set to wrong path for main blog in a WP-in-subdir-sites-on-
root install that uses subdomains
----------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  markjaquith     |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new

Comment (by nacin):

 Replying to [comment:1 nacin]:
 > This breaks the network admin, looks like, which operates from the root.

 If you have home != siteurl and update to WordPress, we designed it (in
 part at my urging to keep the feature to rewrites only) to keep the
 existing /wordpress/wp-admin/ URLs for the main site. But, this paradigm
 breaks the entire network admin, which forces itself to be
 $current_site->domain + $current_site->path.

 I am not sure if these two things are reconcilable. We'd basically need to
 force a new login for the network admin.

 The only alternative would be to relax the cookie security for these
 networks, down to what subdirectory installs already do. It isn't ideal,
 but it seems to work and is the least-impact change. (It also would only
 affect new networks.)

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22705#comment:2>