[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #19233: When using CSS Background Gradients in the Admin UI, begin to use IE Filters to mimic in IE7/8

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Aug 11 15:09:33 UTC 2012

#19233: When using CSS Background Gradients in the Admin UI, begin to use IE
Filters to mimic in IE7/8
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  georgestephanis  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement      |      Status:  new
Changes (by helenyhou):

 * keywords:   => close

Comment:

 My feeling here is that we shouldn't be bloating stylesheets (even IE-
 specific ones) just to support non-crucial visual enhancements in outdated
 browsers. We're only supporting browser prefixes for current browsers /
 specifically targeted devices - I don't think it's an equivalent
 situation. Graceful degradation or progressive enhancement is perfectly
 acceptable, especially IE7/8. Suggest that we not do these gradient
 filters and close the ticket.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/19233#comment:4>