[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20440: Initial admin user only removable through bulk action when using multisite network

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Apr 14 02:51:59 UTC 2012

#20440: Initial admin user only removable through bulk action when using multisite
network
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  bananastalktome  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |     Status:  new
Component:  Multisite        |    Version:  3.3.1
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Because I have a separate login system in place, I no longer wanted the
 initial admin user created during setup in the system. I revoked the admin
 users super admin privilege, but noticed that I they still couldn't be
 removed using the 'Delete' link (there is a check for id not equal to 0 or
 1 at line ~100 of {{{wp-admin/network/users.php}}} which prevents
 deletion, yet no error or anything is shown), however I found that through
 bulk actions 'Delete' option the user '''can''' be removed since no such
 checks are in place to prevent it.

 Is there any reason for preventing the main admin user to be removed in
 network mode even if that user has been stripped of the super admin
 privilege? If so, should this bulk actions removal workaround be patched
 (and an error displayed when someone tries to delete that user), and if
 not can the ID check be removed to allow the user to be deleted?