[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20390: Add call of shutdown_action_hook() function at the end of 'template_loader.php' file (was: Add 'after_template_include' action hook at the end of 'template_loader.php')

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Apr 7 16:13:04 UTC 2012

#20390: Add call of shutdown_action_hook() function at the end of
'template_loader.php' file
-------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  egorpromo    |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by egorpromo):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  wontfix =>

Comment:

 'shutdown' hook is applied inside shutdown_action_hook() function of the
 [http://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/tags/3.3.1/wp-
 includes/load.php#L555 wp-includes/load.php] file.

 I've made simple analysis and discovered some details:

 1) if I add function on 'shutdown' action hook when happen nothing. I
 tried output large portion of HTML-code via this hook but I can't see
 it.[[BR]]
 2) In documentation made by phpdocumentor
 ([http://phpxref.com/xref/wordpress/_functions/shutdown_action_hook.html
 example 1] and [http://phpdoc.ftwr.co.uk/wordpress/ example 2] ) I can't
 see any reference to using shutdown_action_hook() function[[BR]]
 3) In [http://phpdoc.wordpress.org/trunk/ official documentation] I can’t
 see using  shutdown_action_hook() function also.

 I suppose shutdown_action_hook() function is not used anywhere in
 wordpress core. Wordpress just has definition of this function but not
 call it. So I propose to call  shutdown_action_hook() at the end of
 'template_loader.php' file.

 {{{
 shutdown_action_hook();

Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20390#comment:2>