[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16125: Tag cloud widget should allow any taxonomy (with show_tagcloud arg) to be shown

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Sep 16 12:28:20 UTC 2011

#16125: Tag cloud widget should allow any taxonomy (with show_tagcloud arg) to be
shown
 Reporter:  GautamGupta                          |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                          |  GautamGupta
Changes (by westi):

 * keywords:  has-patch bbpress needs-testing => has-patch bbpress needs-
     testing needs-refresh

Comment:

 I kicked the tires on this patch and here is some feedback:

  * Works nicely as I remove taxonomies till none are available.
  * The text displayed in the widget when none are available could do with
 some copy editing to improve it.
  * The whole patch could do with some work to match coding standards for
 things like spacing inside of function calls, around !, the whole switch
 statement.
  * (Personal Taste) I'm not a big fan of the way the switch statement ends
 up laid out with all the switching back and forth between php and html.  I
 wonder if it might read easier to use echo's instead.

 Adding 'needs-refresh' to get the patch updated.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16125#comment:10>