[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #19005: Only super-admins can add-media via the wp_editor when called on the front end.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Oct 25 00:19:15 UTC 2011

#19005: Only super-admins can add-media via the wp_editor when called on the front
end.
--------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  anointed      |       Owner:  azaozz
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by anointed):

 by using add_filter('user_can_richedit', '__return_true')

 I am able to let regular admins add media to the post on the front-end.

 Even with the above 'global', regular users do not see the upload media
 button. Is there another simple option I can add to the functions to
 specify which additional groups can upload attachments?

 *bbpress creates new user groups forum_moderator, and forum_participant,
 which cannot upload.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/19005#comment:8>