[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #19342: Call to undefined function convert_to_screen when using plugins with custom meta boxes

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Nov 25 09:13:50 UTC 2011

#19342: Call to undefined function convert_to_screen when using plugins with custom
meta boxes
------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  jackdewey         |       Owner:  rboren
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  closed

Comment (by mikeschinkel):

 Replying to [comment:13 dd32]:
 > > Only? I have image handling code that generates a sized image the
 first time one is called by URL, which can be a front-end URL, and it only
 ever generates the one file requested, and only the first time requested.

 > This ticket isn't the place for such discussion,

 Good point, so I won't continue the discussion other than to include the
 following, which I tried to post before I noticed you had replied:

 Replying to [comment:11 dd32]:
 > That being said, You certainly shouldn't be performing image
 manipulation or database schema alterations in a front end request, it
 should be deferred until the admin is viewed, or to a cron entry or
 similar..

 FYI, turns out that @filosofo is [http://austinmatzko.com/wordpress-
 plugins/filosofo-custom-image-sizes/ loading `image.php` from the front
 end too] ([http://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/browser/custom-image-
 sizes/trunk/filosofo-custom-image-sizes.php see line 119].)

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/19342#comment:14>