[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #19253: blogname is case sensitive for front page requests on multisite using subdirectories

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Nov 15 21:21:36 UTC 2011

#19253: blogname is case sensitive for front page requests on multisite using
subdirectories
 Reporter:  Omicron7      |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Multisite     |    Version:  3.3
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:  has-patch
 I have a multisite install using subdirectories.  When a request is made
 for the front page of the site using the correct case for the blogname,
 the front page is rendered. If the incorrect case is used, a wordpress 404
 page is rendered (in twentyeleven it is the "This is embarrassing..."
 page).  Expected behavior would be to see the front page.

 As an example:
 I have a blog called "testblog" at www.example.com.[[BR]]
 A request for www.example.com/testblog/ renders the front page.[[BR]]
 A request for www.example.com/TestBlog/ renders a 404 page.[[BR]]

 Wordpress is rendering the 404 page in the correct blog though (as opposed
 to the root level or dashboard blog).

 Upon examination, wordpress is attempting to render the "TestBlog" page
 from the "testblog" blog and since this page does not exist, it is
 rendering a 404.

 To fix this, I added case insensitive matching to the home path regexp in
 the parse_request method of the WP object.

 I have tested this patch using latest posts and a static page on the
 front.