[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #18824: Password protected pages don't work if site address is different from wordpress address

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Nov 9 20:21:15 UTC 2011

#18824: Password protected pages don't work if site address is different from
wordpress address
 Reporter:  3singes       |       Owner:

Comment (by 3singes):

 Hi Nacin, thanks for your answer. Unfortunately your patch doesn't work, I
 just tested it.

 As I explained in my description, ''siteurl'' and ''home'' aren't in the
 same domain on my installation. In WP 3.2.1, wp-pass.php (the file you
 modified) is accessed via http://{siteurl}/wp-pass.php. However the
 website is accessed via http://{home}/ (and that's COOKIE_DOMAIN value
 too). That's why setcookie() doesn't work: you can't call it with a
 COOKIE_DOMAIN different from the domain the script is accessed from
 (security reason, I think).

 My patch modified the URL wp-pass.php was accessed from. I used ''home'',
 in order to have the same domain that COOKIE_DOMAIN for the script, and
 allow setcookie() to work correctly.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/18824#comment:5>