[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #10831: Autoupgrade: Synchronous FTP client fails while plugin upgrade/installation (on some systems)

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Mar 22 00:46:45 UTC 2011

#10831: Autoupgrade: Synchronous FTP client fails while plugin upgrade/installation
(on some systems)
-------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  darkman82                |       Owner:  dd32
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  reviewing

Comment (by dd32):

 > The automatic upgrade still has many problems as of 3.0.

 > The only way to solve it was to change from Pure-FTP to proFTPd on the
 WHM, after which suddenly all upgrades are lightning fast and more
 importantly, they finish successfully.

 Just like to mention that I believe that's separate from this ticket, and
 has been partially taken care of with #10913

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10831#comment:8>