[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16888: WP HTTP Curl transport is only handling some but not all redirect status codes.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Mar 21 09:10:11 UTC 2011

#16888: WP HTTP Curl transport is only handling some but not all redirect status
codes.
 Reporter:  hakre         |       Owner:

Comment (by hakre):

 Replying to [comment:4 dd32]:
 > What other status codes are used with a Redirect (other than 301/302)?

 All 3xx codes are classified as redirect per RFC (see my last comment)

 > One option here is to redirect on any Location header

 I will make my mind about this, I'll check the location header for this.

 > , but in the case of the cURL library, IIRC, Redirections are handled
 internally by cURL, the modified code in the patch is mearly for error
 reporting purposes (If the final page is a 301/302, cURL gave up
 redirecting and returned a redirect response, If it falls past that, it
 should hit another error condition and return the raw error)

 I have the feeling that cUrl is well developed (to say at least) and it's
 worth to test with it and look into it's detailed documentation to get a
 well-thought interface to http.

 I'll review the 3xx codes in conjunction with location response headers as
 well.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16888#comment:6>