[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16896: What about / Whom to ask for build-scripts and -binaries used to build WordPress?

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Mar 19 12:15:40 UTC 2011

#16896: What about / Whom to ask for build-scripts and -binaries used to build
WordPress?
--------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  hakre         |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by hakre):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  worksforme =>

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:1 westi]:
 > JavaScript and CSS are compressed by committers using the YUI Compressor
 >
 > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/compressor/

 Thanks for providing some information, but I have some questions left
 open:

  1. Where is that information available in the software package?
  2. Was that for all packages versions? If not, for which versions?
  3. Is the YUI Compressor used for all files that have a non-source
 version in the package What about SWF files? If not, for which files is
 YUI Compressor and which other tools are used for the other files
 especially those outlined on the Source Code page on wordpress.org?
  4. Is it possible to put complete information about how to build from
 sources on the worpdress.org homepage?

 Please don't close this ticket that fast. Imagine that there are users out
 there that are currently unable to obtain that information.

 For example I was unable to locate any of such information from the
 "Source Code" page which looks like a fitting location for me.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16896#comment:2>