[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16736: Rewrite rules are generated inconsistently for custom taxonomies and /%category%/%postname% permalink structure

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Mar 11 01:34:06 UTC 2011

#16736: Rewrite rules are generated inconsistently for custom taxonomies and
/%category%/%postname% permalink structure
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  valentinas         |       Owner:  scribu
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  reviewing

Comment (by ryanduff):

 Replying to [comment:26 valentinas]:
 > Have you followed the steps in
 http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16736#comment:6 ? In that particular
 order?
 > Have you wiped your DB and files before doing so?

 Yes. This time I followed and I think its the order process you're taking.
 The permalinks aren't being generated correctly for the CPT so when you
 add the post and then go update permalinks to generate the rules they're
 not already in place.

 Generally when creating permalinks you want to flush rules when you
 register the post type (on activation) or manually do it by updating the

 Per the process in your comment, you're creating a post in the CPT before
 actually generating the rewrite rules.

 Following the preferred/expected method (Register CPT, flush rules, create
 posts) there's no 404 issue.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16736#comment:27>